Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I had the best first Mother's Day a new mother could ask for.

On Saturday, my husband and I went shopping at a newly re-opened mall in our town to check out the new stores and see what had returned. The entire day, he kept talking to my son, asking him what they should get me for Mother's Day, fretting about having not gotten me anything yet, and even taking me back around the mall to offer me some choices on my gift.

Now, I had told my husband weeks ago that what I really wanted was a ring with our three birthstones in it. I don't know where I first saw this, but I've always liked the idea. It's kind of strange, because I am not a jewelry person, but something about this kind of ring attracts me. I was hoping that hubby had gone to our jeweler to get one made, but by the end of our shopping trip Saturday, he had me convinced that this was not the case. He even finally told me that he had gone to our jeweler, but that the ring had been out of our price range.

So imagine my shock on Sunday morning when my husband slyly slipped a box wrapped in pink and purple ribbon underneath a precious card labeled "Mommy" and laid it on my baby's lap.




I have the best husband. Without a doubt: best first Mother's Day ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment