We have this amazing salsa recipe from some friends, and we had made some to go with the fajitas we made last week. The salsa outlasted our chips, but we had some leftover tortillas. So I decided to try my hand at making some tortilla chips. I got a recipe from Allrecipes.com. Here's how it turned out for me.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (I actually remembered to do this step first!)
2. Empty the spray bottle of water you use to quiet the dog.
3. Mix together half of the olive oil and lime juice in spray bottle, because you're not making an entire batch.
4. Cut apart tortillas and lay them out on cookie sheets.
5. Spray oil and juice mixture on chips. Be sure to spray on the counter, stove top, sink, and dog as well.
6. Forget that you're making half a batch and mix together the entire amount of spices. Sprinkle all of spices on chips, remembering that you should only use half as you tap out the last of the mixture.
7. Put chips in oven.
8. Remember to turn half way through!
9. Change a diaper.
10. Miss the timer and burn the chips.
11. Toss the chips and pull out the Wheat Thins to eat with the salsa.
So, there you have it. This is usually how my cooking adventures go. My husband's consolation: "Don't worry, we'll get real chips tonight."
Thanks, sweetie. :)