Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow Daze

We've been out of school for ten days straight. Okay, only five days of snow days, but adding in the two weekends on either side, one of which is a 3-day weekend for the MLK holiday, we're working on 10 days without school. My only hope is that the students are as bored as I am and will be ready to get back to school... I know, wishful thinking.

This week has been incredibly lazy, which is how snow days should be, in my opinion. We've had a lot of fun hanging out with friends, watching TV, sleeping until noon, and playing in the snow. However, I, like many of my Facebook friends, are ready to return to the world. Sadly, there is a limit to the time one can be a bum on the couch.

I did start rehearsals for the play I am directing this Spring on Thursday. The play is Doubt, by John Patrick Shanley. This is the FIRST play I've ever directed. I've done every other role in the theatre, from acting to stage managing to assistant directing to lighting. But I have never directed, until now. I'm really nervous about being completely in charge of a production, but at the same time I am so excited. As you know from a couple of posts ago, theatre is a major part of my life. I am directing this show as part of my senior thesis for my English degree, so I will be directing the show and then writing a 30 page paper about the experience. Hopefully, it will be a good experience, a good show, and a good paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment