Thursday, January 20, 2011

Teacher Moments

As you may know, I'm student teaching this spring semester. (Have I mentioned that here?) It's been a crazy semester so far because we started for four days and then were out for six and a half for snow/MLK holiday, back for one, and got out early today because of the threat of bad weather. Several of the teachers didn't think we would be in session tomorrow or possible next week, either. (I live in the south and we don't know how to handle ice and snow.)

But I digress. What I really wanted to talk about was something that happened today. It was my first time teaching third period (I'd done some things in fifth and seventh, but I'm slowly moving backwards to take over the whole day). I taught a lesson on prepositions. We went through an interactive power point where we learned what prepositions are and then identified some prepositions in some sentences. When I finished, I assigned their homework and gave them the last 2-3 minutes to work on it before the bell rang. As I was processing my lesson and getting ready for the next class period, this girl in the back of the room raised her hand. I acknowledged her, and she said, "You teach good."

I was extremely appreciative of the compliment. But guess I need to add "good vs. well" to my list of things to teach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment