Thursday, September 6, 2012

Learn Something New Each Day

I've been part of Shimelle's September class for 4 years. I've actually attempted the project twice before; last year I just read the prompts and thought longingly of days I had not been inundated with middle school papers to grade.

This year, I realized that this class could be an opportunity to record some things I'm learning as a new mom and about my little guy. I have yet to scrapbook anything, but I have taken the time to type a few thoughts each day in response to the daily prompts. I'm hopeful that at some point I can record these in a more permanent way, possibly in scrapbook form, to remember this time. The thought crossed my mind today, however, that instead of just putting these notes on my phone, they could become a daily blog. So I'm going to post the past 6 days, and then hopefully keep up with something each day. Some are simply recaps of what I did that day, in hopes that retrospect might give light to a lesson. Most are in response to the prompt, so they tend to flow from that. Hopefully they'll kind of make sense, even if you're not reading the prompts. We'll see how long I keep it up!


Here is Saturday, September 1:

Latest big adventure? Lucas. The greatest adventure of my life. It's the hardest and best thing I've ever done. I have no idea what I'm doing. But somehow we make it. It helps to have an awesome husband and father along for the ride. And an awesome kid, too. Just saying.

Sleepless nights lead to lazy days. Lucas has been sick- fever, cough, sneezing. Pretty sure it's a cold, but his doctor prescribed an antibiotic anyway. Our adventure for the day was Walmart. And some days that's enough. We made salads for the week (this new thing Mark found online for making salads in mason jars - it's awesome!). First Auburn game of the year. My cousin Sarah's wedding that we did not attend because of the distance - I so wanted to be there, but just couldn't fathom driving 12 hours in one weekend, even a 3-day one. My 10 year HS reunion that I did not attend. Making choices as to what I want/can do is kind of empowering.


No comments:

Post a Comment